Soraya’s Raw Chocolate Cake
* 300g toasted whole almonds
* pinch of pink Himalayan salt, or any other good-quality salt
* 200g medjool dates
For the filling
* 4 medium sized ripe avocados
* 150g virgin coconut oil
* 1tsp vanilla essence
* 200g raw cacao powder
* Pinch of salt
* 180g of agave nectar or honey (I prefer mine to taste like 80% dark chocolate, add more sweetener if you want)
- Toast the almonds on a flat tray for 10mins at 180, allow to cool.
- In a food processor, chop the almonds, then the salt and medjool dates and blend until you have a ‘dough’, or until the mix forms a ball.
Press this mixture into the bottom of a spring form cake tin. Cover and leave to harden in the freezer.
- For the filling, blend everything together until smooth, then pour onto the base.
- Set in the freezer for 1 hour or if not eating straight away, keep for longer. Top with whatever takes your fancy and looks pretty. I like using fresh berries, flowers, rose petals or a dusting of cacao powder. The cake is super rich, so if it doesn’t all get eaten, it’s fine to keep in the fridge for a few days (although don’t bank on much being left!!).