Home Practice Yoga Sequence for the Summer
For those of you who haven’t made it to class this week here’s the Yoga Sequence we’ve been doing to see you through the Summer. You can just do the warm up (line 1&2), line 1 is lovely before going to bed.Be super aware to keep your mind firmly rooted in the body as its easy to ‘vague out’ on your back!
You can follow the warm up with the entire sequence or just pick a line 3-5, depending on how much time you have the whole sequence will take 90 mins. You can slow the whole thing down and spend time in each posture being super mindful of where the blocks are in you body or your breathing or have a more flowing practice. Finish with at least 5 minutes in savasana (put a timer on so your mind can completely settle). maybe finish with a short meditation, watching your breath or SO HUM. ENJOY and see you in September.
- lie over rolled mat, mindful of lower ribs and trying to expand your inhale into side ribs – flowing twist – static twist, resting top knee on block – apanasana (upside down child) – wide leg twist, parallel feet to edge of mat – happy baby
- cat/cow – extended child – flowing from cat to child – 1/2 downdog, hips over knees – cobra – downward dog, flowing between bent knees to straight knees.
- Lunge, flow between quad stretch to hamstring stretch – downward dog – repeat sequence on left side – hero (virasana) with eagle arms, right arm under – twist to left – eagle arms, left arm under – twist to right – plank – downward dog – forward bend, uttanasana
- shoulder rotations with a strap – cow arms (gormukhasana), right arm lifted – warrior I, right foot forward – intense side stretch (parsvottanasana) – repeat other side – mountain pose (tadasana) – wide leg forward bend (Prasarita padotanasana) – Squat
- downward dog – locust (salabasana) holding a block, horizontally, legs down – locust with legs lifted – child (balasana) – head to knee pose (janu sirsasana) – twist to right – repeat on other side – cobblers pose (baddha konasana)
- Relaxation (savasana)